Sunday, March 11, 2007

New Direction

I have a lot going on these days, bookwise, though I'm in one of those zones where I'm in the middle of too many books to finish any. But I'm trying to phase over into reading some novels; lately I've been reading a lot of nonfiction, which is great, but not quite as relaxing as the novels.

I have The Double Bind, the new Chris Bohjalian from the library. I like a lot of his books, but some better than others, so I'm really curious about where this will come out. I've been meaning to read The Time Traveler's Wife, and I own it, so that's on the list. I just finished The Wife by Meg Worlizer. That book was really great, you should read it. It's a really fabulous, funny, poignant story, and that rare gem: a literary novel about a crumbling marriage that is well written, humorous, and totally engaging.

I checked out Howard's End, and I'm looking forward to rereading that. I remember enjoying it when I read it in college, but what you like in a school book is not always reliable to come back to later, so we'll see how that goes. I got a recommendation for Jasper Fforde, so I'll pick up one of those soon. Oh, and I'm back in the thick of my Jeeves and Wooster audiobook. I don't even remember which one it is--they're almost all the same--but it's still a great ride.

I took this class: Intro to the Novel, English 2o4. Great class. Here we go again.

No comments: