Sunday, May 10, 2009

Further Dispatches

Ugh, worse again. I don't think I could like anyone over 23 who gets that invested in haiku. Besides the fact that haiku full of clever wordplay is almost an oxymoron--it's supposed to be an image poem, just because you match their rhythm scheme doesn't make it a haiku.

Okay, I'm not actually pretentious enough to believe that. 5-7-5 for fun is fine. But please, Megan McCafferty. Stop. Being. So. Precious.

Sigh. JMLC, if anyone needs me to spoil it for them, I will. Also, I'll admit I'm finding it a fast read--you could skim it. I think the exposition was really irritating because they worked it in as though she was thinking about everything we might want to know about her life in the stretch of time we're following her.

It's a hell of a rollercoaster ride.

No comments: