Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Edge of My Seat

I literally jumped out of my chair at the high point of The Queen of Attolia. The Thief, by Megan Whalen Turner, is a really good book and worth reading, but most especially so you can get to the sequel. I'm going to run right out for the last one, The King of Attolia. Circles within circles...

I'm determinedly whittling away at the library pile. I need to run to Malden tomorrow to return some things--why do I always pick Thursday for Malden, and then always pick 2:00 exactly somehow, which is when their weekly staff meeting closes the library? Duh. If I concentrate really hard, I can avoid that this time by planning ahead.

I've been adding a bunch of books I read a few years ago to my Goodreads account. I realized I only had about 175 books that I'd read in there, and when your to-read list is 150, that seems kind of pathetic. Fortunately, I've been keeping a reading journal for a while, and I did some backfilling. It's very satisfying, but it starting to feel a little indulgent. I did take the precaution of turning off notifications, so none of my Goodreads friends will get an email stating that I added 75 books and what they are.

Okay, I should have entitled this post "Miscellanea." Bedtime.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am loving The Graveyard Book and it's killing me that I can't just sit and read it until I'm done. Stupid job getting in the way!