Friday, March 23, 2012

Funsies

A couple of fun things I've happened upon this week.

I'd never heard the original Jay-Z/Kanye song, but I don't think you really need it to love this.


(Thanks to Aarti at BookLust for the link)

And for those of you who, like me, are feeling left out of conversations at work about people's "brackets," let me present Book Madness.  That link is to a blog post at Publisher's Weekly, where you can find a blank bracket sheet.  Here's a link to the actual site that's doing it, Out-of-Print Clothing, but that link includes the winners for the first few rounds.  Thought it's too late to officially enter, you can make your choices before you look at the winners so far.

The trick about this kind of contest is that it's won by votes, so I go back and forth between choosing based on who I think will win vs. my preferences.  I wish I'd gone more with my preferences; otherwise what's the point?

And this is especially tricky because I haven't read all the books.  And what do you do when Harry Potter is up against The Road?  I mean, how do you even compare those?  Would you rather have an ice cream sundae or a good haircut?  Apples and oranges, baby. (Thanks to Kris for that one.) 

Let me throw in, too, the fact that Classic Trash at The Awl just posted her review of The Secret History--one of my own favorite classic trash books!  I can't wait to read it, and wanted to share it.

Also, for anyone who's interested, the next book club pick is The Children's Hospital, by Chris Adrian.

Thanks to Kris for that link; I have

1 comment:

Aarti said...

Oooh, the original Kanye and Jay-Z song is amazing :-) At least, I think it is. I highly recommend a listen!