Monday, October 21, 2013

Through the Weeds

Guys, I'm so backlogged.  I'm sorry.  I was sick, and there were some big, substantial books that I wanted to review, and now here we are.  Let's roll out a Table of Contents for the next few days, with the warning that some of these books will probably get mini-reviews because gosh, there are so many.

Ashfall, by Mike Mullin
Maggot Moon, by Sally Gardener
The Poisoner's Handbook, by Deborah Blum
Boxers & Saints, by Gene Luen Yang
Americanah, by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
Between You and Me, by Emma McLaughlin and Nicola Kraus
Rose Under Fire, by Elizabeth Wein

Plus maybe a Stephen King/Joe Hill short story, In the Tall Grass, but maybe not.  How many times can I complain about how much I used to like Stephen King but don't anymore? And I don't know if I have much to say about Scott Westerfeld's Stupid Perfect World, except that he's good at future world building and Kindle singles are addictive.

Okay, so these are my promises.  Reviews, mini-reviews, and other things.  Plus all the other things.  Welcome back from vacation!

1 comment:

Aarti said...

Ooh, can't wait to see what you think of Americanah! And I will be starting Rose Under Fire in a couple of days, too.