Tuesday, September 01, 2015

Committed

Busy couple of months coming up, book-wise!  I've got a couple of read-alongs set up with friends, along with an exciting blogosphere event.  This means a lot of my reading slots are (gasp!) accounted for.

Book club at work is reading Across the Nightingale Floor.  Ben's proposed this book every month for the--what, six?--months that we've had this club, so we finally gave in and picked it for him.  I haven't started it yet and know very little about it, but it seems promising.

Then we've got Justin Cronin's The Twelve, which is the sequel to The Passage, which I LOVED, in a classic-Stephen-King kind of way.  I read The Passage ages ago, but by the time the sequel had come out, I had forgotten a lot of the details in the (big, dense) first book, so I never got around to reading the second.

But now Lily's boyfriend Christian tells me that it's not a continuation, but more of a companion book/prequel, so I'm no longer afraid of the information I've forgotten and I'm excited to dive in. Lily and I are going to read it at the same time because of the intense scariness.  Maybe I'll talk Lily into co-blogging with me--although she blogs for work, so she might not think of it as fun.

Elizabeth and I were going to co-read The Count of Monte Christo this month, but I think we're going to put it off a few weeks, since we both have a lot of other books in the pipeline.  Still, that's on deck; I've wanted to read it for ages and a readalong will get me off my butt.

And then of course, Aarti's A More Diverse Universe is coming up in October!  This is very exciting; I have a long list to pick from for what to read, and I just finished a book that I want to recommend to anyone who wants to read something properly Octobery and creepy for their Diversiverse selection.  See forthcoming blog post for that one--it's really great.



And that's just the list that other people are expecting me to read.  Let's not even get into the ARCs, the new releases that I'm insanely excited about, and the recently discovered authors that I now want to consume all at once.  I am so pleasantly, painfully glutted with books and books and books and delightful books.  Picture my dreamy, sated, cat-in-the-cream smile right now.   Mmm.  Books.

1 comment:

Lianna Williamson said...

Ooh, thanks for reminding me aboue A More Diverse Universe!