Thursday, July 14, 2016

My Favorite Thing About Hamilton This Week: Teach 'Em How To Say Goodbye

Well, the original cast of Hamilton is splitting up.  Lin-Manuel Miranda, Philippa Soo, and Leslie Odom, Jr. are leaving the show.  On one hand, it's the end of an era.  On the other, Chris Jackson, Daveed Diggs, Renée Elise Goldsberry--when I go see the show in February, I will still see some of the people I've been goggling over for months.

But, back to the subject: my favorite thing about Hamilton this week, in honor of LMM's big goodbye, is the song I can't stop listening to, sometimes with tears in my eyes:






The final curtain call was streamed live on Facebook, which is pretty cool, but I would also like to point out how incredibly cool it is that the theme song from The West Wing played there at the end.  LMM is so my kind of nerd.


No comments: