Thursday, July 27, 2017

Romance Titles Redux (Sorry, No Quiz)

I just....even as I read more romance, an accumulation of romance novel titles will always amuse me.  Especially when they're clustered into types, by publisher or pub date.  Like, this is literally the list I'm looking at of upcoming releases.
Twins on the Doorstep
The Navy SEAL's Promise
Garrett Bravo's Runaway Bride
Buying His Bride of Convenience
The Italian's Pregnant Prisoner
Sleigh Ride with the Single Dad
Christmas Amnesia
Amish Christmas Twins
These are JUST the ones that are all in a row.  There are others on the page that are great (One Night Stand Bride), but they're mixed in with less bluntly-titled volumes like Courting Danger with Mr. Dyer and Never Christmas Without You.

I see two clear groups: Heartwarming Domesticity and Dubious Consent, with a couple of fun oddballs thrown in.  Christmas Amnesia is kind of my favorite standout here.  I kind of want to add mechanical birds and a sentient sockpuppet for a kind of absurdist Hallmark Movie.

1 comment:

Lianna Williamson said...

Christmas Amnesia is raising so, so many questions for me. Is this just amnesia that happens to be occurring a Chirstmastime? Or is the holiday season triggering the amnesia due to dark memories of Christmases past? Or-- most-intriguing of all-- is this Christmas-specific amnesia? Like, you can remember everything about yourself and your life, aside from any memory having to do with the existence of Christmas. An "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" for the holidays!