Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Confession is Good for the Soul

1) I am a terrible, terrible, evil person. I did not feed the cat. I couldn't sleep Sunday night. Brenda, Jason, Jasmine, I'm so sorry.

2) How does anyone get through school? How on earth did I do this as an undergraduate? With four classes, and papers and--man, I had FOUR concurrent jobs in college--I opened the day care center, managed the AV office, worked as a research assistant, and had a regular babysitting gig. Plus all the frigging homework. Jesus, there must be something wrong with me. Confession: dude, I have been skipping the assigned readings. Sigh.

3) The Sparrow was a fabulous book. It's a wonderful first contact story about making contact with an alien race, but it's also about the limitations of faith, and trying to comprehend life. Mary Doria Russell has written a sequel too. I can't wait to read it.

More soon; I'm so behind!

1 comment:

humanrocketjlb said...

I think the cat likes you better than us. Stop seducing our feline!