Monday, January 26, 2009

Drive-by

City of Thieves is by the author of 25th Hour which was an excellent movie with Ed Norton. Can't remember the author right now, but I'm enjoying the book very much. I belong to a message board with an online book club and this is the February book. I miss my book club--kind of. I don't miss reading all those books that I was only minorly interested in, especially now that so much of my reading time is stolen.

Also making my way through the short stories about English history, which is a good way to get the background without getting too bogged down, which is something I often find in historical nonfiction.

I'm terribly afraid that tomorrow I'm going to be checking out the latest Dr. Siri Paiboun mystery by Colin Cotterill. Also, possibly, the book Home by Marilyn Robinson, who wrote Gilead and Housekeeping, which are both very good.

Still on deck from the library: The Buffalo Soldier, Bloody Jack, Graceling, The Chrysalids, Adam's Navel, and The Tower in Stony Wood. The Hunger Games is in transit. There are two books called Bedside Manners about doctor-patient relations--I don't remember which one I wanted to read, and so I might have to read both.

Argh!

No comments: