Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Book Sale

They're having a book sale at work today. New books published by us, and used books donated by employees, proceeds going to charity. I'm having a hard time deciding what to do. There is a hard and fast rule in my family about buying things for yourself at Christmas time. But if I can get a lovely, brand new copy of a book (say, Matilda, by Roald Dahl) for less than someone else could get it for if they got it second-hand...what's the right decision? Also, I was thinking of getting My Antonia, by Willa Cather, which they have in trade paperback for only $4, but I've never read any Willa Cather and I don't know for sure I'll like her.

How do I make decisions like this? How? Though to be honest, I don't know how I ever make any decisions, I'm so bad at it. Grr.

Any advice?

No comments: