Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Strangers In the Night

Sorry to be absent; my computer has been on the fritz, which has caused me enough work delays that my blog delays.  In house tech support is on it, though, and I think we're making progress.

I'll just catch you up on a little New Release shelf discovery I made this week.  It's called Things We Didn't See Coming, by Steve Amsterdam, and I think it will appeal to my readership.  Two words: future dystopia.  Two more: short stories.  This is a book of connected short stories about one character, starting on New Year's Eve, 1999, when he's a child with a father having a Y2K panic attack.  It follows his life in a world that becomes increasingly different from the one we live in--a world of shortages, oppression, and difficulty. 

That's what I think is going on--I'm really only in the second story.  But I'm pretty impressed so far.  I won't say I love it, but I really like it, and I find it really interesting. 

So I wanted to report on it, and let you know that I appear to be back on the radar, internet-wise.  Big shout out to Techie.

No comments: