Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Mmmm....Romance

Lord Of DangerIf you look at my Goodreads sidebar, you might be wondering about a book called Lord of Danger, by Anne Stewart.  You might not be wondering, I suppose, but I like to think you look at the cover, and you look at a title like Lord of Danger, and you think that maybe it's a melodramatic romance.

Blame Unshelved.  Specifically, this strip.  I can't tell you what drew me in, but I've wanted to read this for months, ever since I read that corny, cheesy summary.  And I hadn't read a cheesy romance in ages and ages.  This is everything I could have hoped--simple, heavy-handed, trite, sexual.  I can't say I'm loving it--honestly, I might be able to write something of this quality--but I'm enjoying the heck out of it.

(Link fixed: sorry, loyal readers!)

No comments: