Thursday, March 29, 2007

I have not been here lately

I'm back on the upswing, though, and there's more to come. There's been a lot going on in my life, and no one has seen much of me in months.

But before my next update about my VERY TRAUMATIC Tuesday, bookwise, let me post this for the indignation of my fellow readers:

George W. Bush claims he read 60 books between January and August of 2006.

Now, I'd love to have a conversation about this with him. I can't tell you off the top of my head how many books I read during that time, but I can tell you that, since it was 7 months, the number is probably about 50. I have a log, though, so I can go home and figure it out and get back to you.

You know me--or most of you do. I lead a quiet life, and reading is my main hobby. Not that I think the president is some sort of dynamo who never lays around doing nothing, but where did he find the time? I mean, he's in meetings all day! He doesn't even have a commute!

This is so outrageous I can't even deride it vigorously enough for my own satisfaction. Please join me in a silent moment of indignation.

No comments: