Sunday, January 18, 2009

How Long Has It Been?

Jeez, have I really not posted in 10 days? It's true what they say about kids making time fly.

Anyway, you can tell I'm obsessive because I'm upset that I've only read four books so far this month. I'm now reading a really interesting nonfiction book called The Forger's Spell, which is about an art forger who created a bunch of fake Vermeers and pulled a fast one on the Nazis. It's really interesting--the things I'm learning about Holland, Nazis, forgery, and the art world in general are just amazing, and the book is a lot of fun to read. And there was a cameo by none other than Leo Baekland! (Inventor of Bakelite, the plastic that changed the world.)

I also finished David Rakoff's Don't Get Too Comfortable, which was a book of very amusing essays, made even better by his incredibly dry, delicate reading. I highly recommend the audiobook. It was abridged and (did I mention my obsession with my statistics?) so I had to check out the book itself from the library to read the four essays that were omitted. I really am a nut, huh?

I also just got a book from the library, Graceling, which sounded interesting and has been on my list for a while. Come to find out it was written by someone I went to college with, Krisitin Cashore. No one I knew, but now I'm feeling pretty unaccomplished.

Deep sigh. This blog reveals my innate weirdness. Ah, well, what can you do?

No comments: