Sunday, February 06, 2011

Can't Breathe...Writing

SO BUSY.  Until yesterday, I did  nothing all week--almost literally--except work, parent, and write.  Wake up, get Adam ready for school, go to work, work, pick up Adam, come home, feed him/play with him/read to him, Mike puts him to bed, and I write till it's time to sleep.  Did not turn the TV on (okay, we watched some Curious George--that's parenting).  Did not open a book except on the bus ride to work.  My brain is fried.

But I'm on target page-wise, and being allowed to read again someday is a great inspiration.  Since I don't have any content to offer for the past week, really, this post will be a list of the books I had to return to the library unread.  I made a list, so I can run back out and check them out next month.  Because I really, really, really like to read.

In case you hadn't noticed.

Young Miles – Lois McMaster Bujold
Windup Girl --Paolo Bacigalupi
Troubled Waters – Sharon Shinn
Vampire Zero -- David Wellington
Deliverance – James Dickey
The Left Hand of God – Paul Hoffman
Slammerkin – Emma Donoghue
The Lies of Locke Lamora – Scott Lynch
Her Fearful Symmetry – Audrey Niffenegger
The Alleluia Files – Sharon Shinn
Parable of the Sower – Octavia E. Butler
Grave Goods – Ariana Franklin
My Bonny Light Horseman – L. A. Meyer
Nocturnes – Kazuo Ishiguro
Passage – Connie Willlis
South of Broad – Pat Conroy

I'm not sure I'll run straight back out for all of them--some I'm willing to wait a while on. Her Fearful Symmetry I might get on audiobook if the reader is good. I'm also pretty excited to pick up Matched, by Ally Condi, about which I've heard very good things.

Twitching and writing,
Sharon

No comments: