Sunday, November 12, 2017

Something on Sunday, 11/12

All my good things happened last weekend, which made it such a busy weekend that I didn't even post.  So, Sunday Something rollover!

First, our annual Friends of the Library meeting went swimmingly--the mayor, the trustees, several city council members, fun times, good mingling, yummy food, a good time was had by all.  That party stresses me through the roof (will they have fun? oh please let them have fun!) so I'm blissed out that this happened.

Second, after not hearing back and pretty much giving up, I got offered the job I really, really wanted.  I'm going to be a librarian! Well, a circulation assistant, anyway.  I'm going to work in a public library, checking out your books! 

This is the beginning of a big dream, and I'm hoping at some point I'll go back to school and other things will happen.  But for right now, I have a part time job, just the right number of hours, 10 minutes from my house (with traffic), at the library that I called home for almost 10 years.  I am through the roof!

I have also been reading some great books (at least in October; November has been mostly fanfiction), and I hope to get back to posting reviews very soon. And though NaNoWriMo didn't happen for me due to lack of preparation and a terrible cold, I am feeling pretty all right about life right now.

Happy Sunday to you all!

1 comment:

EMM said...

YAY for all the good news! Congrats on the new job! Very exciting!