Friday, December 17, 2004

Moral Conundrum

So...is it wrong to give someone a book for Christmas if it's a book you want to then borrow back from them? I mean, this person will like this book, I have a reason to buy it for them, but I fully intend to borrow it. Mike says you only get 75% credit for giving a gift like that. I think that's enough credit, if the gift is good.

But now that I realized I was doing that, I think I'm going to have to pick a different book and just get myself this one. I have a short list of post-Christmas gifts I'm going to get myself; ways to spend the Barnes and Noble gift certificate, things I don't want enough to let people buy me new (my mom doesn't shop online, so she doesn't buy the cheap used books at Amazon).

Christmas will last a couple of weeks this year, between parties and gift exchanges. I love the holidays.

No comments: