Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Not About Books

My classes could start at absolutely any minute; I haven't been paying much attention. I'm pretty sure I have another week or so, though. I'm freaking out.

I'm going to be studying library science starting in two weeks. I'm not convinced this is a good idea; I have historically been fairly good at going to school, but I have a high baseline level of anxiety, and the rolling nature of schoolwork (that is, the fact that the obligation to do work does not end at 5pm or on Friday afternoon) has never been good for my brain.

So you'll have to forgive me if I'm finding this distracting. I'm not going very far or very fast in anything that I'm reading, and I have a tendency to flinch at random moments during the day when I think about the fact that I have to start going to school soon. I will, however, keep the world posted as I learn library-y things--it'll be like a free education!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I understand how you feel. Then I went back to school to start on my IT Masters I had the same type of thoughts. All of a sudden I had homework again, had to study, etc. But I did fall back in the groove. So don't freak out too much. I sure you will do fine.

Anonymous said...

wow, i had no idea. this is wicked exciting! congrats future librarian sharon!